Being a tutor is challenging yet rewarding. It takes a great deal of patience and love for children to become a successful tutor. Regardless of how daunting this task might seem, tutoring is rewarding, too in that it not only helps students enhance their learning abilities, leading them to good career prospect but tutor is also able to make additional income out of this. Of course, money is important but imparting one's knowledge and skills to learners must be given first priority if you desire to be an ideal tutor. This article discusses major criteria you need to take into account prior to becoming a home tutor.
- Your willingness to share knowledge and information with others, your ability to communicate with people.
- Your confidence and competency in one or more disciplines or academic areas.
- Subject areas that you're interested in. (For example, Do you want to be a Maths Tutor, Science Tutor or English Tutor). Think about your skills, experience, education and past academic achievement. Analyze them with your passion for teaching. The higher the outcome, the better tutor you will be.
- Once you're through choosing the subject you can tutor in, decide what level of students you can teach such as JC, Secondary or Primary.
- Are you able to travel and provide tuition at home?
- Tutoring for yourself or through the means of tuition agency. Last but not least, you might want to consider how you want to tutor. Basically, there are two ways. If you can find students, undertake all tutoring activities, source all resources and plan lessons yourself, then congratulations! You're the boss. You can enjoy control over your tutoring activity and flexible tutoring schedule. Above all, you'll be able to obtain all of the financial rewards from the parent. On the contrary, if you feel the need for agency's assistance regarding lesson plans, curriculum management, financial system and students bookings, you'd be better off contacting them. They will be able to provide you with a range of aids and teaching resources. But in return, they'll take a share of your tutoring fees as well.
I hope this article was useful to you. Tuition teachers, who are not capable of managing home tuition on their own might be reluctant to get the help of Singapore tuition agency but yet they resort to them. I know, this can be quite difficult since you probably don't want to pay half of your earning to the third party. We understand that. With this in our mind, we are planning to reduce commission charge for this service. If you're wondering how we might be of your assistance in this regard, you can look us up at https://www.housetutor.com.sg/ and call us on 8259 1182.